Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spaghetti Squash

Want to try something different? Instead of noodles (which I LOVE) we started using squash! It doesn't have much flavor when paired with spaghetti sauce, just a different texture. This is super healthy for you and if you are looking for something outside of the box, give this a try!

Start with one spaghetti squash. 

Pierce squash all around so it doesn't explode in your oven. Cook on 375* for an hour

My meatball ingredients are below. I usually add breadcrumbs, but I didn't have any yesterday.

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. I use ground turkey, but you are welcome to use ground beef.

Here is the infamous coconut oil. I pan fry the meatballs in 2 tablespoons of this.

My meatballs ready to go into the pan.

You can make your own spaghetti sauce. I just throw stuff in a pot with tomatoes and call it spaghetti sauce. I used fresh mushrooms, canned diced tomatoes, onion, green pepper, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Once my meatballs are browned I just add them to the sauce to finish cooking on the inside.


Once your spaghetti squash is done cooking, cut open (length wise) and scoop out the seeds. Kind of like Halloween!

Take a fork and remove the squash, which will look just like noodles.

Top with your spaghetti sauce & enjoy!

1 comment: