Monday, February 7, 2011

Award Winning Turkey Chili

It's true, I won a chili cook-off with this recipe! So I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons of olive oil (I just use enough to coat the bottom of the pan)
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
2 1/2 pounds of ground turkey
4 tablespoons of dark chili powder (2 palms full)
2 tablespoons of grill seasoning (1 palm full)...I used Weber Chicago Steak seasoning. As I put it in with the meat I crush it to release the flavor
1 tablespoon of cumin
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 large onion chopped
2 large peppers chopped (I use red & yellow for color)
1 cup V8 (you could use tomato sauce, but i didn't have any)
1/2 cup smoky barbecue sauce
1 can kidney beans (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
2 cans of chopped green chilis (drained)
1-3 tablespoons of Tapatio (depending on the spice you want)

Heat a pan over medium high. Add olive oil, 1/2 onion and garlic. Once the onions and garlic are cooked down, add turkey. Season with chili powder, grill seasoning, cumin, Worcestershire, chopped peppers.

In a large pot (or crock pot) put the remaining onion, V8, all beans, and green chilis. Mix together. Once the meat is cook thru, add to the pot. Add the BBQ sauce and Tapatio. Let sit for 30 minutes and serve! If possible, cook the night before and serve the next day for the best flavor! I topped it with sour cream and shredded cheese, but neither are necessary

No comments:

Post a Comment