Monday, February 7, 2011

The BEST mashed potatoes

I made these potatoes for Thanksgiving when my husband invited over some of his Marines that couldn't go home for the holiday. These bad boys were gone in no time!

Ingredients

5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped
1/2 cup butter
2 cups Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
milk-to bring to your desired consistency

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm. Drain and return to stove over low hear to dry for 1 to 2 minutes.

Add butter, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Use a potato mashed to mash until smooth (might be easier to use a hand held mixer). I added my milk at this point once I knew if the potatoes were too dry. You might not need to use any milk, but I found I did. It made it creamier for sure!

Who doesn't love mashed potatoes? Psshhh...crazy people!

No comments:

Post a Comment