Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Green Chilie Burrito Meat

I love love love authentic mexican food, and where I live (Minnesota), it's unheard of!  So, I came up with this recipe to satisfy my craving!  :)

Here's what you need:

1 3-lb beef roast
1 small/medium can (diced) green chilies (do not drain)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 to 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin (depends on how much you personally like the flavor of cumin)
1/4 tsp or less ground black pepper
1 carton of beef or veggie broth (I did not have any broth, so I used 3 cups of water, and two beef boullion cubes broken up)
6-8 baby red potatoes peeled/diced into small pieces (optional)

Place all ingredients except potatoes into a crockpot.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  When you have about 3 hours of the cook time remaining, put your potatoes into the pot. 

*If you have any leftover meat, use it the next night for tacos!

4 comments:

  1. I made some enchiladas with meat almost like this :] Delish! I love this blog you girls have going on. It makes me want to cook overnight :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny I made this tonight {my version} and it is pretty similar to this :) I always save the leftovers and make homemade toquitos the next night....delish!
    Love this blog ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum Melis! I will give this one a shot this weekend! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments ladies! We love feedback!!!

    ReplyDelete