Monday, February 7, 2011

Burrito Meat

Mmmmm!!! Who doesn't love tacos or burritos? Need a good easy recipe? Here it is. I prefer this recipe with beef, but I make it with chicken all the time. It's up to you.

Ingredients

1 pot roast or appx 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 10 oz cans Rotel
2 4 oz cans of chopped green chilis
1 large onion, chopped
2-3 tablespoons minced garlic
salt & pepper to taste

When I make the pot roast (must be thawed) I brown all the sides in a pan with olive oil. I season the meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Once all sides are browned I move to the crock pot, add all the ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours. You will be able to shred the meat directly in the crock pot using 2 forks.

When I cook with the chicken, I use frozen chicken breasts. I add everything into the crock pot and set on low for 8 hours. SOOOOOO SIMPLE it's unbelievable.

If you have leftovers, which you most likely will. Remove meat from the juice, put in a pan and heat it thru. Add eggs and now you have breakfast burritos. This is my husbands favorite part of all of it. We add some cheese, tapitio and put on corn tortillas.

Enjoy! If you try it, let me know what your family thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment