Thursday, September 29, 2011

Italian Cheese Bread Dunkers with Sauce

Are you looking for a super simple easy meal for your kiddos, and don't really feel like spending tons of time in the kitchen?  My kids love this, keeps them happy, and I love that it only takes me like 10 minutes from start to finish :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 French Bread loaf (the kind your grocery store bakes)
  • 2 cups (8 oz) of italian style cheese, shredded
  • Italian seasoning, or any spice you want to put on it
  • Sauce of your choice (We like to use leftover homemade spaghetti sauce, and this time we tried pizza sauce)

    First, you will need to slice your loaf of bread down the middle lengthwise using a good bread knife, and place on a baking sheet.
    Next, put the shredded cheese all over the 2 halves of bread and sprinkle with the italian seasoning.
      Now, you are ready to place your bread into the broiler (my broiler has a HI temp and a LOW temp, my sister's only has one temp setting, so you will just have to adjust the temp to how your broiler works)..using my broiler, I set it on HI temp, and the bread cooks in about 5 minutes!  Becareful not to burn it, so watch it closely ;)
      Viola!!! Dinner for your kids is served in a jiffy! :)  I never said it was the healthiest, but it so easy, and they will love it!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment