Monday, September 26, 2011

Homemade Barbeque Sauce

Last night I cooked Country Style Boneless Pork ribs, wasn't really sure how to, so as usual I go on to the web and search for recipes ;)...Came across this recipe for bbq sauce, and it actually turned out quite tasty!  I'm sure it will go well with any meat you are looking to bbq.  I didn't have all the exact ingredients, so I made some changes ;) and it still turned out yummy!  **You may want to double this recipe depending on how much meat you will be bbq'g..this recipe calls for 3/4 lb of meat**


Ingredients:

1/4 cup onion, chopped small
2 tsp butter
1/4 cup kechup
2 Tbsp celery, chopped small
1 Tbsp lemon juice (I used lime juice)
2 tsp brown sugar (I used white sugar)
2 tsp cider vinegar
3/4 tsp worchestershire
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp prepared mustard
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp chili powder (I used hot sauce, thats all the "heat" I had in my cupboards/refridgerater)

Saute the onion in the butter....Place all other ingredients into a sauce pan while the onions are cooking...Cook on medium heat and add onions into mixture.  Bring to a boil, and make sure to keep stirring it so it doesn't burn...Cook 10 minutes! Pour over your meat and bbq!

No comments:

Post a Comment