Monday, January 30, 2012

BBQ Ribs (Slow Cooker Style)

Ingedients:

2 slabs of baby back pork ribs
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups bbq sauce (sweet baby rays, or your favorite kind)
1 cup chili sauce (I didn't have any so I used 1 cup ketchup and 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 Tbsp vinegar (I used 3 Tbsps)
2 teaspoons dried oregano (I used 3 tsps)
2 teaspoons worchestershire sauce
1 dash hot sauce (I used 1 1/2 tsps)


Directions:

Preheat oven to 400*....Season ribs with salt and pepper.  Place in shallow baking pan and brown in oven for 15 minutes.  Turn over and brown for another 15 minutes, drain fat.

In a medium bowl...mix bbq sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, oregano, worchestershire sauce, hot sauce, and some salt and pepper (I didn't add any extra salt and pepper).

Place ribs in a slow cooker, and pour sauce over ribs, turn to coat.  Cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until ribs are tender.

When ribs are done cooking in slow cooker place the ribs on a pan and return to oven at 400* to carmalize bbq sauce..approx 10-15 mins

(recipe by Alicia Winborn)

No comments:

Post a Comment