Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just a thought...

So Melissa and I were talking yesterday about how the girls came home saying "Mom, tomorrow is picture day!" Well she had just gotten finished paying for books at the book fair so to have another unexpected expense of pictures was a tad irritating to her. I know the majority of our blog friends have great cameras and know how to use them well. So here is what I suggested to her: take your own picture of your child. Upload it onto a picture editing software (picnik, photoshop, etc) and let the kids make their own designs on the picture. Send the picture to Walgreens when you are done and print off as many pictures as you need to send to family members and friends. I can tell you that I would rather get a homemade picture of one of my nieces than a school picture. I know the kids would love to decorate their picture with their name, flowers, peace signs, the year...whatever their little heart desires.

When you are done, put them in a scrapbook and one day you will be able to look back and see how the kids minds change as far as their decorating and personal taste.

The economy is hitting people hard, look outside the box to see how you can save each and every penny. My mom told me a package of bacon was $8.99 at the grocery! WHAT??? What kind of pig did they slaughter to get such expensive bacon? Ridiculous!

3 pictures for $25.00 is insanity...you could print 30 homemade (with love) pictures through Walgreens in a wallet form if you want for $2.00!

Ok, I am done ranting! :o)

Besides, they get one shot...you really want to look at something like this forever???





2 comments:

  1. Those are some great pictures! I think I could add mine in from like the 5th grade which I totally hate!

    ReplyDelete