Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Classic Deviled Eggs

So, I am not much of an egg fan, but I needed to know how to make deviled eggs for Easter dinner, and since I didn't know how, I found a recipe off of "Food Network"!  They turned out yummy!


Ingredients:

  • 12 eggs
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 2 tsp white vinegar
  • 2 tsp yellow mustard
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • black pepper (a few shakes)
  • paprika for garnish


Directions:

Place eggs in a single layer in a pot and cover with enough water that there's 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs.  Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn heat to low, and cook for 1 minute.  Remove from heat and leave covered for 15 minutes.  Rinse under cold water continueously for 1 minute.

Crack egg shells and peel inder cool running water.  Dry with paper towels.  Slice eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium size bowl, and placing egg whites on a platter.  Mash the yolks, add mayo, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper..mix well.

Evenly disperse heaping teaspoonfuls of the mixture into the egg whites.  Sprinkle with paprika and serve!

2 comments:

  1. The day that you posted this I made them! And then I ate them all!!! Seriously..I did...lol they were delish! :o)

    ReplyDelete